Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Good bye Fall!

Well, it seems that we are almost at the end of the Fall. Everyone over here raved about how beautiful the Fall was, the change in the leaves colors etc, etc. I had to witness it in order to understand it.

Now I think…Fall is amazing! You have to remember that I come from a country where we don’t have this extreme season changes so I never experienced Fall before. In AZ we only have summer and less hot weather, so Fall is out of the question. But here in the New England area things are different.

My husband begged me to take walks with him so we could see the leaves…I am glad I gave in, we got some amazing pictures and I was in awe to be in the presence of nature. Then I started thinking about how being able to live through the seasons makes me feel closer to nature. Going through the changes reminds me on how our own lives go through cycles; we grow, blossom and then time to rest and renewal comes to blossom again.

It is definitely getting cooler here and I hate the fact that at 5pm the sun (if it shows up) is gone and everything is so dark (I will devote a posting on this) but I am learning to take it as part of the cycle and trying to enjoy it…more time at home to spend with Luci (the dog) and my husband. Time to read and cultivate the mind again.

Here are some pictures that allow me to show you what I am talking about:











1 comment:

  1. Oh, Ale. I'm so glad you got to experience the marvels of a true fall. No, Arizona has nothing even close, you're right. Thank you for sharing your photos. Fall is the season I miss the most, for sure. I often feel a little homesick for Michigan fall this time of year. The crisp air, the amazing natural transformation. It's just a thing of beauty. I agree that it signals and replicates changes within our own persons. It's all the cycle of life. Great post!

    ReplyDelete